Friday, May 21, 2010

Conquering Writing

To say one is a accomplished essayist is no small boast in the world of literature, and as such I'll say that I'm not going to say that I am. That is not to say that I can't write a thoroughly informational, interesting or enjoyable passage, it's just that the delivery isn't quiet there. As such I know I have much to learn in the way of grammar, proper punctuation and the likes. One great method to improve you're shortcomings is (if you're not me, I personally don't find it to exciting) to analyse the works of authors you enjoy and really pick apart what's being said (again not my favorite thing in the world to do). It can be hard work (and boring), but you can come away with some great insight to the author's intentions, making the whole reading experience a lot more deep and thoughtful.
Now back to me and my shortcomings as a writer. Since it probably is a nice hefty list of essayist faults, I'm gonna focus on my long set hatred of correct grammar usage. Me and grammar have had plenty of run ins to know we don't like each-other, to the point where in my normal speech I use my own certain twist of normal speaking. This occasionally comes out in my writing (as you may have already seen). All the same I hope people find my essays something to be enjoyed, rather than suffered through, like so much of the dry reading material of this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment