Friday, May 7, 2010

Signs in the Stars

I was born on the Third of October, meaning I'm of the sign Libra. This supposedly means that I'm sociable, intellectual, peace loving, seek the middle ground, and strive for inner equilibrium. I am not saying that I don't strive to do these things, but who doesn't. I personally believe that these "signs" have no bearing on my life, because although I could be said to lean towards this side after all, I believe that man is free to interpret their fate, that it is their choice, not a predetermined force that forces you to act a certain way. The only reason someone would turn out to be like their sign is sheer luck, interpreting it a way that it worked, or purposely leading your life down a certain path, but no path is to hard too change direction.
These ideas are quite contrary to the views as some of those in Romeo and Juliet. Over and over again people blame fate for their troubles, it's not our fault, it was doomed to be so. Whether it being Romeo cursing fate's ill humor after his fateful duel, or Juliet lamenting over fate destroying her attempts of love, they believe nothing they can do can change their own lives. This is where they are wrong and fail to stop the death spiral of their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment